The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge may seem like an Internet fad but it has a wealth of substance; as of today, the ALS Association has received $88.5 million in donations, compared to $2.6 million during the same period last year. 1.9 million of this past month’s donors are new to the cause.
Ice bucket challenge videos have been incredibly popular on social media, with big names participating and donating their funds. The marine community is no exception to this trend and has put their unique spin on a water-based challenge – one boater even used his boat to douse himself!
We are proud of our Top 100 Dealers who have come out for ALS. Check out a sampling of their videos below.
Omaha Marine Center
The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is a great kickstart for your participation in charitable causes and engaging your community through social media. If you have been nominated and choose to complete the challenge, remember the basic rules:
- Once you are nominated, you have 24 hours to complete the challenge. Make sure to verbally accept the challenge from whoever nominated you when you shoot your video
- Challenge three more people and inform them they either have to accept the challenge or donate $100
- Make sure to direct viewers to donate at www.alsa.org
- Once you are done, you still have to donate! Those who decline the challenge donate $100, but if you accept you get to choose the amount.
- Use hashtags #icebucketchallenge, #alsicebucketchallenge and #strikeoutals when posting to social media to increase awareness towards the challenge and the disease it is fighting
Once you have completed the challenge or if you have already done so, share your videos in the comments below! We would love to see the creative ways our industry dives into this international movement.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Boating Industry