Brunswick facilities worldwide achieve safety recognition
August 23, 2012
Filed under News
LAKE FOREST, Ill., Aug. 23, 2012 - Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC) announced today the recipients of its safety award program for 2011. The purpose of the program is to encourage, recognize and reward employees and facilities that have achieved outstanding safety and health performance through promoting and practicing safety awareness, ultimately minimizing workplace incidents and injuries. All Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide are eligible for such recognition.
For 2011, three facilities received the Chairman’s Safety Award; the Company’s highest, while 23 additional facilities were recognized with Distinguished Awards for their 2011 safety performance. In all, 32 facilities were cited by Brunswick for achieving no lost-time incidents during 2011.
The Chairman’s Safety Award is selected and presented by Brunswick senior management to the most outstanding performers. The Distinguished Safety Award is achieved by meeting specific safety performance results, which include incident rates and other Brunswick criteria. Three facilities have won the prestigious Chairman’s Safety Award, including:
- Edgewater, Fla., Brunswick Commercial and Government Products;
- Merritt Island, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats, Sykes Creek, and
- Taycheedah, Wis., Mercury Marine Racing.
As Chairman’s Safety Award recipients, each of these facilities will receive a $10,000 grant from Brunswick, which will be donated to a local charity chosen by the plant. Also of note among the plants being recognized for their safety achievements is the Palm Coast, Fla., facility which recently achieved an accumulated 7 million continuous hours without sustaining a lost-time incident.
Twenty-three Brunswick manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide were recently cited with the Distinguished Safety Award for their safety performance in 2011, including:
- Bristol, Wis., Brunswick Bowling and Billiards;
- Clinton Township, Mich., Land ‘N’ Sea;
- Delevan, Wis., Life Fitness Distribution;
- Flagler Beach, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats, Palm Coast;
- Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine Plant 3;
- Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine Engineering Plant 12;
- Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Marine Engineering Plant 98;
- Houston, Texas, Land ‘N ‘Sea;
- Juarez, Chih., Mexico, Mercury Plant 22;
- Kansas City, Mo., Land ‘N’ Sea;
- Kent, Wash., Diversified Marine Products;
- Knoxville, Tenn., Brunswick Recreational Boats;
- Lake Suzy, Fla., Land ‘N’ Sea;
- Lowell, Mich., Attwood;
- Merritt Island, Fla., Brunswick Recreational Boats, PD&E
- Miami, Fla., Mercury Marine Regional Distribution Center Plant 85;
- Mississauga, Ont., Mercury Marine Plant 20;
- Pompano Beach, Fla., Land ‘N ‘Sea;
- Shreveport, La., Land ‘N’ Sea;
- Szekesfehervar, Hungary, Brunswick Bowling Products;
- Suzhou, China, Mercury Marine Outboards Plant 58;
- Vonore, Tenn., Brunswick Recreational Boats, Tellico; and
- White Bear Lake, Minn., Land ‘N’ Sea.
“At Brunswick, we believe it is everyone’s responsibility to contribute to safety in the workplace. I’m very pleased with our employees’ commitment to our high safety standards and congratulate these facilities and their employees on their tremendous accomplishments,” Brunswick Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dustan E. McCoy said.