Florida Yacht Brokers Association announces agenda for 17th Annual Yacht Sales & the Law seminar
Florida Yacht Brokers Association
September 14, 2012
Filed under News
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – September 13, 2012 – Registration is underway for the upcoming Florida Yacht Brokers Association (FYBA) 17th Annual Yacht Sales & the Law Seminar, which will be held from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wednesday, October 3 at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Registration is $60 for FYBA members and $240 for non-members. Attending attorneys will earn seven Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credits; while Certified Professional Yacht Brokers (CPYB) who attend will earn eight credits toward recertification.
Sponsored by Alley, Maass, Rogers & Lindsay, P.A. and marine insurance provider Willis Marine, the seminar will feature presentations on a wide of variety of maritime topics and legal issues, including:
- Legal Issues for Foreign Crew on U.S. Vessels
- Commission Enforcement for Sales in Foreign Countries
- Maritime Labor Convention Ratified – New Crew Regulations
- Risks and Requirements for Escrow Funds
- Legal Aspects of New Boat Warranties
- Current Taxation Issues for Chartering and Donating a Vessel
- Recent Violations of Fla. Yacht & Ship Broker Statutes and Regulations
- The Positives and Negatives of Foreign Flags
- Boat Show Vessels – Complying With Federal and State Regulations
The day begins with registration and continental breakfast, and closes with a cocktail reception from 5-6 p.m. Lunch also will be served from 12:30-1:45 p.m.
For more information, please contact FYBA at 954.522.9270; or firstname.lastname@example.org .