ABBRA announces speakers & topics for January Boatyard Business Conference
American Boat Builders & Repairers Conference
December 13, 2012
Filed under News
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — The American Boat Builders & Repairers Association (ABBRA) is proud to announce the line-up of topics and speakers for its January 16 – 18, 2013 Boatyard Business Conference. The event taking place at B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida will focus strictly on issues important to boatyards, boat builders and marine service/repair businesses. Participants will hear updates on opportunities and challenges facing the boatyard/boatbuilding marine industry sector. Speakers will offer national and global perspectives on changes in the marine business environment and what may be expected in the future.
The conference entitled “Sustainability & Growth in the New Global Marketplace” and speakers will offer presentations on the following:
- Ed Sherman, Curriculum Development Director, ABYC – “Get On the FastTrac – ABYC Rolls Out Their New FastTrac Program”
- J.B. Turner, Managing Partner Front Street Shipyard; Taylor Allen, Owner, Rockport Marine; Steve White, Owner, Brooklin Boat Yard; and Kenneth Priest, President, Kenway Corporation – “A Model for Success: The Connection Between the Traditional Boatyard of the Past and the Boatyard in the new Global Marketplace – What has Changed and What has Stayed the Same”
- Jim Bronstein, Owner, Marine Business Advisors; and Ron Helbig, General Manager, Noank Village Boatyard – “Professionalism has nothing to do with the size of the boat? What Large Megayacht Refit and Repair Yards Have in Common with Smaller Yards
- Mole Telfer, Business Development Manager, Rob Price Services, Michael Keyworth, General Manager, Brewer Cove Haven Marina, Scott Miser, Yacht Services Representative, Rybovich
“How to Ensure Subcontractors are an Asset not a Liability”
- Kevin Hutchinson, President, My Villages.com; Joy McPeters, Publisher, MarinaLife – “Information, Communication, and Relationship Building In a New Global Marketplace”
- Susan Swanton, Executive Director, Maine Marine Trades Association – “Interactive Discussion: The Boatyard Business, Problems and Solutions”
- Kevin McLaughlin, Fairhaven Shipyard, Mario Garneau, Vice President Research, Development & Innovation at New Nautical Coatings; Kelly Crete Safety & Loss Control Manager, Gowrie Group, Mike Keyworth, General Manager, Brewer Cove Marina – “VOC’s and the Regulatory Challenge Facing the Boatyard Industry”
- Bill Yeargin, President/CEO, Correct Craft – “Teambuilding & Leadership for Productivity & Success”
- Kristina Hebert, COO, Wards Marine Electric/President , MIASF – “The Latest on Longshore Insurance Reform And Why You Still Need to Stay Engaged”
- Gerry Nessenson, President, ValveTec Petroleum Products – “The Latest on E-15″
- Susan Swanton and Rich Difede, President of Gold Coast Yachts (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) “Workforce Development… Now More Important Than Ever”
- Larry Keefe, Executive Vice President, Starkweather Shepley – “The Latest Updates on Boatyard Insurance”
The ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference is made possible through the support of Presenting Sponsors Starkweather & Shepley and Great American Insurance Company – Marine Division. Additional sponsors include American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC), Soundings Trade Only, Marine Travel Lift, Interlux/AwlGrip, Brownell Boat Stands, My-Villages, Pier Vantage and Sea Hawk Paints.
For additional information on the conference or for registration please visit www.abbra.org or contact Gordon Connell or Nicole Hoekstra at 954-654-7821.