West Marine announces winners of annual VIV (Very Important Vendor) awards 2013
West Marine, Inc.
August 16, 2013
Filed under News
Best-of-the-Best Vendors Selected by West Marine
WATSONVILLE, Calif. (August 15, 2013) – West Marine (Nasdaq:WMAR), the nation’s largest specialty retailer of boating supplies and accessories, announced the winners of its annual VIV (Very Important Vendor) Awards at the Company’s Watsonville Support Center.
West Marine’s Annual VIV Awards celebrates vendors who continually seek to satisfy their customers’ needs and are innovative in their approach. West Marine considered several factors when choosing the companies they wanted to single out, including consistent excellence in product quality, sales growth, and the helpfulness of their sales support staff.
“West Marine is proud to announce that Navico has been selected as the Vendor of the Year at West Marine’s VIV Awards for 2013,” said Ron Japinga, EVP Merchandising and Logistics for West Marine. “Navico and all of the recipients of this year’s awards have demonstrated a commitment to high quality products, sales growth through enhanced collaborations, innovation and excellent customer service.”
Winners of West Marine VIV Awards for 2013:
- Vendor of the Year: Navico
- Best Sales Growth: LEHR Propane Outboard Engines
- Best New Product: Columbia’s Omni-Freeze® ZERO
- Best Supply Chain Partner: Xylem
- Best Store Sales Support: Big Rock Sports
- Best Omni Channel Sales Support: Jimmy Styks
- Best Port Supply Sales Support: Mastervolt
- Best Green Product: CFA Eco Bottom Paint by Kopcoat
- Best Vendor Representative: Greg Winfrey, Derema Group