Applications sought for Kevin Lodder Scholarship
Marine Retailers Association of the Americas
September 3, 2013
Filed under News
MINNEAPOLIS — The MRAA Educational Foundation is seeking applicants for the 2013 Kevin Lodder Scholarship. The Kevin Lodder Scholarship Fund, which was founded in memory of Kevin Lodder of Lodder’s Marine in Fairfield, Ohio, provides a full scholarship to attend a week-long Spader Business Management Total Management 1 Workshop to an employee of a Marine Retailers Association of the Americas retail member.
The Total Management Workshop details skills that will increase profits, stability and growth for the dealership. Attendees will leave the workshop with a clear set of principles, processes and tools to take their company to new levels of performance and profitability.
They will leave knowing:
- How to make faster, better decisions based on proven principles and ratios for business management;
- How to achieve a highly profitable and adaptable business by effectively structuring a right-sized operation;
- How to achieve excellent margins and competitive pricing;
- How to create simplified score-keeping with a profit plan that connects the financial goals of the company, each department, and individual employees;
- How to achieve rational inventory planning, higher margins, lower risk, more robust adaptability;
- How to improve employee and customer communication, improve attitudes, and reduce conflict by mastering the four basic human styles.
“The workshop provides simple and straight forward concepts to help analyze the performance of your dealership,” says Travis Hayes, Hayes Marine, the 2012 recipient of the Kevin Lodder Scholarship. “Coupled with Spader’s decades of data and metrics, we could break down our business to the smallest department and then allocate costs and labor to find our true profit centers in the business. It didn’t stop there: Spader provided examples of how to correct the problem areas, tools to complete our own analysis and to help our employees understand where Hayes Marine needed to focus, and strategies to help hold our employees accountable.”
Any employee of an MRAA dealership member is eligible to apply for the Kevin Lodder Scholarship, which is valued at nearly $3,800. The scholarship includes the registration fee for the workshop ($2,995) and a travel allowance of $800. The 2013 recipient will be announced at the Marine Dealer Conference & Expo, Orlando, Fla., Nov. 17–20, 2013.
For more information and to apply, visit the Kevin Lodder Scholarship web page: www.mraa.com/?page=Kevin_Lodder_Scholar. The deadline for applications is Sept. 25, 2013. Please contact Liz Walz with any questions at 315-692-4533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.