ABBRA accepting nominations for annual awards
American Boat Builders & Repairers Association
October 25, 2013
Filed under News
Prestigious Dennis Snow Award and Boatyard of the Year Announced at 2014 ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference on January 22-24, 2014, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Fort Lauderdale, FL – October 24, 2013: The American Boat Builders and Repairers Association (ABBRA) has convened its Awards Committee to consider nominations for its annual awards which recognizes significant contributions to the marine industry and excellence. Honorees will be announced at the Annual Awards Dinner ceremony to be held during the 2014 ABBRA Boatyard Business Conference on January 22-24, at the B Ocean Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Gordon Connell, the Executive Director of ABBRA, encourages members to participate in the nomination process. “These prestigious awards, nominated by ABBRA members from across the country, give our members the chance to recognize their peers and colleagues for their outstanding service to the marine industry. The award ceremony is one of my favorite segments of the ABBRA Annual Conference. It is a celebration of all their hard work, unwavering dedication, and inspiring service.”
Recent ABBRA Awards recipients include Bill Munger of Conanicut Marine Services (Dennis Snow President’s Award), Front Street Shipyard (Award of Excellence – Boatyard of the Year), Gold Coast Yachts (Commitment to Training), Washburn Marina (Excellence in Customer Care), and Keefe Kaplan Maritime and Dana Point Shipyard (Excellence in Safety and Environmental Practices).
The award categories are:
- Dennis Snow President’s Award: Awarded to the individual or company for outstanding contribution to the Boatyard and Repair Industry.
- Excellence in Safety and Environmental Practices: Awarded to the boatyard or service facility that has made signiﬁcant strides in creating a clean, safe and healthy facility for workers and customers.
- Excellence in Technology: Awarded to the service or repair facility that has developed or applied an advanced or innovative technology, system or practice.
- Commitment to Training: Awarded to the service or repair facility that has demonstrated a signiﬁcant commitment to training and professional development for themselves and their employees.
- Award of Excellence: ABBRA’s “Boatyard of the Year” award given to the service or repair facility that demonstrates excellence in all facets of their company through commitment to customer service, quality management and positive vendor and employee relations.
- Award of Excellence in Customer Care: ABBRA’s newest award recognizes the boat yard or repair facility that has built a successful business by consistently focusing on customer satisfaction.
Members can visit the ABBRA website to cast a ballot by downloading and completing the Nomination Form. Nominations can be submitted to ABBRA via fax at (954) 239-2600 or emailed to email@example.com and must be received by December 20, 2013, to be eligible. The Awards Committee is chaired by ABBRA Past President Pam Lendzion.