Sturtevant, Wis., December 6, 2013 – BRP expands its innovative Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series line-up with a new Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model. The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the ideal choice for any smaller-to-midsize pontoon application.
Last June, BRP unveiled its Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series outboards with the 90, 115 and 150 horsepower options; ideal for any midsize-to-larger pontoon application.
“The initial response to our Pontoon Series has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are pleased to expand this innovative and unparalleled line-up,” said Alain Villemure, vice president and general manager of BRP’s Marine Propulsion Systems division. “The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the perfect option for pontoon owners who want maximum performance, comfort and convenience in this horsepower segment.”
Like all Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series offerings, the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model is the only outboard engine specifically designed to meet the needs of pontoon owners in the 60-75 HP segment. Best-in-class features of the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series include:
- Application Specific Gear Ratio – Provides more torque and higher thrust for quicker acceleration, improved throttle response and more power to stop when needed
- Remote Oil Tank Reservoir – Affords easy access for checking and re-filling, and with a combined oil capacity up to 2.25 gallons, the time between fill ups can be extended by more than two years for the average pontoon user. Comes standard on the E65SL model and offered as an accessory on E65SNL
- Specifically Designed Motor Mounts – State-of-the-art framework reduces vibration by up to 40 percent, giving pontoon owners a quieter and more enjoyable boating experience
- Superior Electrical Output - With more than twice the charging capacity of competitors, the 65 HP Pontoon Series will deliver enough power to run all of today’s outboard electronics without draining the batteries
- Ultra-low Emissions – Besides a CARB 3-Star certification, carbon monoxide levels are up to 50 times lower than competitive offerings at idle speeds
- Lower Maintenance – 3 years or 300 hours or no dealer scheduled maintenance means no annual tune-ups or oil changes, reducing operating costs and allowing for more time on the water
- Auto Winterization – The 65 HP Pontoon Series fogs itself automatically in minutes, which not only saves pontoon owners a costly trip to the dealer, but also extends their boating season
The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series will be available for delivery in early spring 2014 in North America.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2013 Boating Industry