Ken Hammond elected new board chairman of RBFF
Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation
April 14, 2014
Filed under News
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) has announced Ken Hammond as the organization’s new board chairman. Hammond, who currently serves as chairman and CEO for independent sporting goods and outdoor product sales company The Hammond Group, will work closely with RBFF leadership to advance its mission.
Hammond has been on RBFF’s board of directors since 2003 and has more than 30 years of sales and marketing experience in the fishing and outdoor recreation industry.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Ken on the board during the last seven years,” said RBFF President and CEO Frank Peterson. “His extensive experience in sales and marketing, together with his dedication to RBFF and its stakeholders, will bring an invaluable perspective to the board as we work toward increasing boating and fishing participation nationwide.”
“It’s an honor to have been asked to serve again as chair of the RBFF board,” said Hammond. “The work RBFF does to promote participation in boating and fishing is critical to the industry and state conservation efforts, and I’m proud to be involved.”
Hammond is active in anti-drug and stay-in-school campaigns including “Hook a Kid on Fishing.” He has served on several industry boards including the American Fishing Tackle Manufacturers Association (AFTMA), the American Sportfishing Association (ASA) and the Sport Fishing Institute (SFI). Hammond attended Baylor University in Texas.
Officially elected at RBFF’s January 2014 board meeting in Orlando, Fla., Hammond succeeds Michael Cassidy, Group Publisher at North American Media Group.
Also at the January board meeting, RBFF announced new members who were appointed to the board of directors. RBFF recognized appointments from the following organizations to serve a three-year term:
National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) –
- Carl Blackwell, NMMA
- Daniel Chesky, Dan’s Southside Marine
- Cara Finger, Pure Fishing, Inc.
- Dave Pfeiffer, Shimano American Corporation
Sport Fishing & Boating Partnership Council (SFBPC) –
- Jeff Marble, Marble, LLC
- Lou Sandoval, Karma Yacht Sales
“The board was instrumental in what was a pivotal year for RBFF, guiding new initiatives like our Hispanic campaign and Disney strategic alliance,” said Peterson. “We welcome our new board members and look forward to the ideas and discussions they will help facilitate in the years ahead.”
Additionally, retiring from the board were Thom Dammrich, NMMA; Steve Williams, Wildlife Management Institute (WMI); Glenn Hughes, ASA; John Doerr, Pure Fishing; and Mike Hebert, Texas Marine.
“It’s been a pleasure working with Thom, Steve, Glenn, John and Mike. I’m thankful for their valuable contributions to the board and their dedication to RBFF’s mission,” added Peterson.
The board also appointed the following directors to serve as officers and to serve on board committees:
Executive Committee –
- Ken Hammond, The Hammond Group, Chairman
- Christopher Berg, BRP US, Inc., Vice Chairman
- Dave Chanda, New Jersey Fish & Wildlife, Secretary
- Jeff Kinsey, Brunswick Corporation, Treasurer
- Michael Cassidy, North American Media Group, Inc.
- Mike Nussman, ASA
- Ron Regan, Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies (AFWA)
Finance Committee –
- Jeff Kinsey, Brunswick Corporation, Chairman
- Marc Johnson, Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources
- Wendy Larimer, Association of Marina Industries, Inc.
- Mike Nussman, ASA
Audit Committee –
- Lenora Clark, Pacific Inter-Club Yacht Association, Chairman
- Jim Klug, Yellow Dog Flyfishing Adventures
- Richard Moore, Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission
A full list of RBFF board members is available on TakeMeFishing.org/corporate.