Mercury Marine launches new global website
August 6, 2014
Filed under News
FOND DU LAC, Wis. (Aug. 6, 2014) – Mercury Marine, the world leader in commercial and recreational marine propulsion and technology, launched on Tuesday its new global website, www. mercurymarine.com, designed to enhance the consumer experience and provide a single online point of reference for all Mercury partners and consumers around the world.
“Delivering content in the native language of the site visitor is an important goal of this site redesign,” said Jon Mathews, Mercury Marine director of global branding. “We did extensive research to determine which languages represented more than 95 percent of all site traffic and are pleased to share Mercury Marine content in 13 languages.”
Stage one of the rollout, completed Tuesday, was launched for the North American audience and provides content in English, Spanish and French.
Mercury will continue rolling out localized content variations for audiences in Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Latin America and Europe throughout the year and into early 2015. Currently, site visitors in North America can access the new global website. All other visitors will have the option to view the North American site or be redirected to the current version of their country’s site.
The new global website from Mercury Marine will be optimized and easy to use on any type of device – tablet, mobile or desktop.
“When reviewing our site statistics, we recognized that site usage by mobile devices was increasing every quarter,” Mathews said. “By redesigning the site to be fully responsive to boaters, dealers and boat builders, regardless of how they access it, we will deliver unfettered access to all Mercury-related content, which improves the online experience.”
The new Mercury Marine global website includes:
- Responsive design (the site is optimized for desktop, tablet and/or mobile devices without any loss of content or usability).
- Improved navigation and access to local content.
- Content translated into English, Spanish and French for North America, with 13 languages overall.
- Improved navigation and design for better access to content such as engine information, specifications, video, Boat House Bulletins and the prop selector.
- A global dealer locator that enables the user to search for dealers throughout Mercury’s global dealer network.