What does it take?
Managing a dealership to high levels of customer service, sales and, yes, profits, is no easy task, especially in today’s market. Simultaneously creating an atmosphere that exceeds high consumer expectations can be even more difficult. For the most professional of dealerships, however, these tasks have not only become second nature, they are firmly integrated in the business’ day-to-day operations. They understand that delivering on the promise of the boating lifestyle — as opposed to just a boat — is the No. 1 key to success.
If your company:
- Displays a consistent and clear understanding that the profitability of the organization is directly related to the extent that it focuses on customer satisfaction;
- Provides customers with an experience worth returning for and recommending to others;
- Prepares for future success with sound planning, marketing and training initiatives;
- Ensures an exceptional boating lifestyle…
Then you need to apply to be recognized as one of the top dealers in North America.
Some important things for you to know about this year:
- We will continue to select a group of 100 companies for the list, and will rank the top group of 20 companies, recognizing them for their elite status in the industry. The No. 1 ranked dealer will be recognized as “Dealer of the Year.”
- Boating Industry will also select several Best in Class Award winners. Those Best in Class awards will include categories such as Best Place to Work, Best Digital Strategy, Best Boat Show Strategy, Best Events, Best Marketing, Best Industry Advocate, Most Innovative and Best Service Department. We may change or add to those categories as we review the applications
- We have streamlined the application, addressing many of your concerns about its length and difficulty. We’ve eliminated about 20 percent of the questions to focus on the information that is crucial to evaluation.
- You can save and return to your application as often as you wish before submitting it. You will also be given an opportunity to print and review your application before final submission.
- Any photos you would like to submit with your application can be delivered either through a file transfer site of your choice to email@example.com or mailed on CD or flash drive to Boating Industry Top 100, 10405 6th Avenue North, Suite 210, Minneapolis, MN 55441
- Applications are due June 22, 2015.
If you have any questions about this year’s application or the program in general, please contact editor in chief Jonathan Sweet at firstname.lastname@example.org or (763) 383-4419.