Webinar details Discover Boating lead management system
First unveiled at the Miami International Boat Show in February, the ARI Footsteps program designed to work with the Discover Boating campaign is now a final product. Today, a webinar conducted by Bob McCann of ARI provided an overview of how it works.
The Discover Boating Lead Management System (DBLS) is designed to make leveraging Discover Boating leads simple. The following are features that make this possible.
- One main objective of the system is to prevent manufacturers from reaching out to prospects outside of the boats they manufacture. The DBLS only gives manufacturers access to prospects for their models, which are predetermined by the NMMA.
- Prospects who go to DiscoverBoating.com and register to use its advanced features are asked a number of questions, from favorite activities to whether they have ever owned a boat to the boat they are looking for today. You can add rules to retrieve leads based on how they answer these questions. For example, if you only want to retrieve leads that like to sail and have never owned a boat before, you can target that group.
- Manufacturers can also schedule searches of their lead database that target people based on how they answered those questions. You can also pick the time frame in which you want to search, along with numerous other qualifiers. All the leads that fit your specifications will be pulled out of the database and exported to your own lead management system or contacted.
You can also schedule the system to retrieve these specific leads on a regular basis.
- A guidebook for the best practices to communicate with these Discover Boating leads was published on the GrowBoating.org page today and can be downloaded once logged in. Part of what the guidebook outlines is the email campaign.
Through the DBLS, manufacturers can use one of the many Discover Boating templates and add in their own text. McCann advised manufacturers to put “Discover Boating” and their own brand name in the subject line, so prospects know the email is a result of their Discover Boating visit.
Manufacturers can create a number of templates and organize them based on the audience they are targeted toward.
- Finally, any leads retrieved can be exported to the manufacturer’s own lead management system. Using a specific ID, manufacturers can pull the leads from the DBLS and forward them onto specific dealers.