Sea Ray launches new models, features at Homecoming event
Sea Ray hosted more than 500 Sea Ray owners and dealers at the first ever Sea Ray Homecoming celebration.
The event also served as the launching of its 2013 lineup, which features several new boats, lead by the new 370 Venture and 510 Sundancer.
Sea Ray is investing millions of dollars in product development and engineering over the next several years and plans to introduce an average of five to six new models a year over the next five years. Product investment is at its highest level since 2006, Sea Ray President Rob Parmentier said.
Among the boats Sea Ray was showing off in Knoxville:
- 370 Venture (pictured) – Probably the highlight of the event, the new 37-footer is built around Mercury Verado outboards. The hidden outboards have allowed Sea Ray to create a larger cockpit and transom area than on its traditional 370 models. Throughout the week, dealers and owners were lined-up to get a ride on the new cruiser.
- 510 Sundancer – Sea Ray’s most spacious sport yacht ever, the 510’s angled, oversized hull windows give it a graceful look on the water and great lighting throughout the interior. The 510 is part of Sea Ray’s continued efforts to raise the luxury level of the brand, Parmentier says.
- 240 Sundancer – The redesigned 240 Sundancer features improved cockpit comfort and a triangular layout that makes it easier for riders to talk with each other and the driver. The 240’s cabin features a master bed and second double bunk, as well as plenty of storage room.
- 230 SLX – The latest edition to the SLX Series of bowriders is the first Sea Ray boat to feature Active Trim Control. ATC uses large, triangular trim tabs mounted underneath the hull to automatically keep the boat level in changing speed and sea conditions. The option optimizes the boat’s performance and running attitude, and also changes wake shape to improve the quality of waterskiing and wakeboarding.
- Quiet Ride technology – Although previously available on the SLX 250, Sea Ray continues to roll out its sound-dampening technology. Quiet Ride is now available on 270 SLX and 300 SLX, with more models planned.
Boating Industry also got a sneak peek at the new 350 Sundancer model. Although we’ve been sworn to secrecy, we can tell you there are some very nice upgrades and a nicely redesigned cabin that should impress buyers when it hits production next year.