Creating a social media strategy
It’s not enough to be on social media. Having a Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn account is simply the price of entry to communicate with many buyers today.
To be truly successful in social media marketing, you have to have a plan on what you are going to achieve and how you are going to get it done.
Boating Industry asked three social media experts to share their insights in a recent webinar: Sarah McIntosh of Dominion Marine Media; Abbey Heimensen of MarineMax, one of the Boating Industry Top 100 Hall of Fame companies; and Ryan Hebert and Donna Chance of Texas Marine, a longtime Top 100 company. You can view the entire one-hour webinar in the video below.
McIntosh delivered several tips about why you need to create a strategy and how to do it
- 46 percent of online users rely on social media when making purchase decisions
- Businesses that use social media as part of a planned corporate approach are 1.5 to 2 times more likely to anticipate revenue growth than informal users
- To be successful, you need to set goals and select metrics for success
- Aim to post regularly – at least three times a week
- Use social media posting and monitoring services to make posting and analysis easier
The MarineMax and Texas Marine teams then offered examples of how they have successfully grown their businesses by using social media campaigns.
The webinar was sponsored by the Top 100 Leadership Alliance: GE Capital Commercial Distribution Finance, Manheim Specialty Auctions, Freedom Boat Club, Sunbrella, Brunswick Dealer Advantage, MRAA.
Watch the full webinar below!